Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, February 5, 2010

finding nature in the burbs





I'm finding it really hard to be apart from my dearest hubby. It's been one very long week and we still have a good 3 weeks till his return. I find myself counting down the days until he gets back and so to help myself pass the time I've been having to find ways to distract myself. The other day when I was feeling especially lonely and needed to get out of the house I decided to take Noah for a little walk. I'm not sure about you but I find that walking is one of the best cures for when I am feeling down. The fresh air, the sun, the exersize...how can one not feel better with those elements? And of course I brought along my trusty friend- my camera. Even in the burbs I was able to find some nature and beauty. Pretty rose hips and dried rose buds. I decided to pick a few to add to my next nature-treasure table.
Hope you are having a lovely, sunny, warm and cozy Friday. Do you have special weekend plans? Am looking forward to hearing from you.
xox

11 comments:

  1. Going for a walk is great....it always does me wonders - and the kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You walks are inspiring. I can't wait for it to warm up a bit to temperatures I can stand. The time will go quick...just keep yourself busy. Hot Husband goes away quite a lot of up here...sometimes for a week at a time but almost every month for a few days at a time and I know that's not as long as four weeks but I just do my best to keep busy and then it goes better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Krist and Alena- I know you can BOTH relate to my situation as we all have "red coat" men ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, i can sort of comprehend that feeling. My guy travelled alot for his businesses and it can go up to not having him around for a month or so. I always keep myself occupied with doing my fav things, like grabbing my camera out shooting or just doing things that you don't have a chance to do all along. Walks in the park are my favorite. I enjoy just walking or sitting around, the breeze and people watch!

    I hope you can get pass 3 weeks fast in a wink! Noah will keep you happy and occupied! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Fiona- it's hard having them away huh? xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the third photo...the sharp thorns with the dried up berries-very haunting.

    I can't imagine how difficult it has been/and will continue to be apart from him. Hopefully, the time will go by quicker than you imagined!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it! Skype, walks, Baileys in your hot chocolate, and lots of Ottawa field trips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that must be hard to be apart for a whole month! I had to go 2 weeks once w/o my man and it was so very hard, but it did make our hearts grow fonder. :) Hope the next 3 weks fly by for you!

    Walking is my therapy. Me, the wee ones and my camera, strolling our burbs. Always clears my head and lifts my spirits, and keeps the kids from literally bouncing off of the walls.

    Great images. It's challenging to find things to shoot in this almost colorless winter scape, you did a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the support friends. What would I do without your lovely comments? They make my day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a lovely walk -- it was especially nice out here today too. Gretchen & I ran some errands together downtown ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hang in there lady! You can do it! Here I am encouraging...but in a week I will be in your exact shoes. I intend to do some insane, messy crafting and log in serious time on my virtual farm. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Oh goody....I love comments!